Take Your Career to the Next Level - Time to build a Street Team!
What's a street team?
A street team helps an author hype his or her books. They come in especially handy during giveaways and new book launches.
- They promote the author and his/her books on social media
- Review advanced copies on Amazon, GoodReads and other book retailers
- Help spread the word in groups the author can't access (authors usually aren't allowed to promote their own books in reader groups)
In short, the street team helps spread the word about the author and his/her books!
What does the Street Team get for their efforts?
Street team members get first access to new releases, entries in special "team only" giveaways and other perks. They also get access to a private Facebook page dedicated to the Street Team. In general, the author tries to make being a team member FUN.
Let AXP Help
What you get with AXP's Street Team Plan
- Help setting up your team page on Facebook
- A header graphic for your street team FB page
- Setup of a promotional page where people can apply for your street team including custom questions you can ask applicants. AXP will send out notice of this application page to our Elite Reader squad to gather new members for you.
- Ask for input and help any time!
Why is this a little more expensive than other things on AXP?
It's because it's a lot of work for me and not something I can have my programmer automate. It isn't THAT hard for a person to setup themselves (though it is time consuming and there are right and wrong ways to do it) so the people that do sign up will be people who need a lot of hand holding AND I get them jump started with members AND I give them ongoing support and ideas.
- If you have multiple series in different genres, please plan on creating a separate street team for EACH series. Cozy mystery people and Urban Fantasy people rarely overlap, for example, and if you try to make it all about YOU and not about your books, you'll dilute every one's enthusiasm.
- If your series overlap readership (they're all contemporary romances, for example), then don't worry about noting your chosen series!